Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Portland Exposition building was designed by architect Fred A. Thompson and built in 1914.
Printed on the back of this postcard is, "The exposition building with a seating capacity of 4500 is the home of the famous Maine Musical Festival, Automobile Show, and other large gatherings and conventions."
About This Item
- Title: Exposition building, Portland, ca. 1920
- Creator: Eastern News Co., Portland
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 13 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 4014; Portland-Buildings
- Collection: Postcard collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Automobile shows--Maine--Portland
- Exhibition buildings--Maine--Portland
- Exhibition facilities--Maine--Portland
- Music festivals--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.