Contributed by John Bapst Memorial High School
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Frances Gonyar Bateman was a member of the John Bapst High School Class of 1940, the last graduating class to wear long white dresses and to carry red roses at graduation.
About This Item
- Title: Frances Gonyar Bateman, Bangor, 1940
- Creation Date: 1940
- Subject Date: 1940
- Location: Bangor, Penobscot County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 14.3 cm x 8.75 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Clothing & dress--Maine--Bangor
- Women--Clothing & dress--Maine--Bangor
- Rites & ceremonies--1930-1940--Maine--Bangor
- Catholic high schools--Maine--Bangor
- Graduation ceremonies--Maine--Bangor
- Commencement exercises
- Graduation exercises/traditions
- John Bapst High School
- John Bapst Memorial High School
- Roman Catholic
For more information about this item, contact:John Bapst Memorial High School
100 Broadway, Bangor, ME 04401
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.