Contributed by John Bapst Memorial High School
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Frances Gonyar Bateman was a member of the John Bapst High School Class of 1940, the last graduating class to wear long white dresses and to carry red roses at graduation.
About This Item
- Title: Frances Gonyar Bateman, Bangor, 1940
- Creation Date: 1940
- Subject Date: 1940
- Town: Bangor
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 14.3 cm x 8.75 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:John Bapst Memorial High School
100 Broadway, Bangor, ME 04401
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Clothing & dress--Maine--Bangor
- Women--Clothing & dress--Maine--Bangor
- Rites & ceremonies--1930-1940--Maine--Bangor
- Catholic high schools--Maine--Bangor
- Graduation ceremonies--Maine--Bangor
- Commencement exercises
- Graduation exercises/traditions
- John Bapst High School
- John Bapst Memorial High School
- Roman Catholic
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.