Contributed by McArthur Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Circus parade down Main Street, Biddeford, past the Masonic Building, followed by a group of curious and excited youths, circa 1910. Visible is a huge elephant following a young bison pulled by a nose ring, and a camel. Riding alongside on a white horse is the trainer, and there are several other horses in this parade. The elephant's tusks were covered with shining knobs.
About This Item
- Title: Circus Parade, Main Street, Biddeford 1910
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Local Name: Main Street
- Town: Biddeford
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 17.5 cm x 19.7 cm
- Local Code: mca2013
- Collection: General Image Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Circus animals--Maine--Biddeford
- Parades & processions--Maine--Biddeford
- Circus parades--Maine--Biddeford
For more information about this item, contact:McArthur Public Library
PO Box 346, Biddeford, ME 04005
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.