Contributed by McArthur Public Library
- Item 35288
- print page
- download web image
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Bradford Commandery of the Knights Templar of Biddeford on St. John's Day, 1916. Ready to board the train at the old Eastern Division station on Main Street, Biddeford. In the distance is the smoke stack of the Biddeford Box Company and the big frame building was the Andrews and Harigan store, later the Biddeford and Saco Grain Company. The feast day referrd to is that of St. John the Baptist's birth (June 24) which became celebrated more solemnly than that marking his martyrdom (August 29).
About This Item
- Title: Biddeford Knights Templar on St. John's Day, 1916
- Creator: Robert H. Gay
- Creation Date: 1916
- Subject Date: 1916
- Location: Biddeford, York County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12.5 cm x 17.2 cm
- Local Code: mca0046B
- Collection: Robert H. Gay Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Supreme Military Order of the Temple of Jerusalem
- Knights Templar (Masonic order)
- Parades & processions--Maine--Biddeford
- St. John--Anniversaries
- Railroad stations--Maine--Biddeford
- assembled corps
- Eastern Division station
- Knights Templar
- St. John's Day
For more information about this item, contact:McArthur Public Library
PO Box 346, Biddeford, ME 04005
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.