Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Lew and Russell McFadden are seen here pulling the nets of a herring weir into the dory in Lubec. The brush leader outside of the weir leading from the shore to the weir is visible.
About This Item
- Title: Herring weir brush leader, Lubec, ca. 1935
- Creation Date: circa 1935
- Subject Date: circa 1935
- Town: Lubec
- County: Washington
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20.4 cm x 26.6 cm
- Local Code: 297 jpg
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Atlantic herring fishing--Maine
- Fishing weirs--Maine--Lubec
- Fishing nets--Maine--Lubec
- Dories (Boats)--Maine--Lubec
- Fishing industry--Equipment and supplies--Maine
- Fishing boats--Maine
- Canned fish industry--Maine--Lubec
- Fish canneries--Maine--Lubec
For more information about this item, contact:Lubec Historical Society
135 Main Street, Lubec, ME 04652
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.