Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Arthur Waterman of Portland owned State Motor Co. on Forest Ave. He sold Nash cars.
The panoramic image appears to be two images printed together.
Waterman (1907-1974) was the son of Bella Wolf and Ellis Waterman. He was a graduate of Portland High School, Harvard College in 1927, and Peabody Law School.
He was active in many community organizations, including the Maine State Society for the Protection of Animals, Mt. Sinai Cemetery, Smith Street Cemetery and the Kora Temple Shrine of Lewiston.
About This Item
- Title: State Motor Co. vehicles, Portland, ca. 1938
- Creation Date: circa 1938
- Subject Date: circa 1938
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 2526
- Collection: Wolf and Waterman family collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Automobile dealerships--Maine--Portland
- Automobile service stations--Maine--Portland
- Jewish businesspeople--Maine--Portland
- Shaarey Tphiloth Synagogue (Portland, Me.)
- Waterman family
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.