Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Arthur Waterman of Portland owned State Motor Co. on Forest Ave. He sold Nash cars.
The panoramic image appears to be two images printed together.
Waterman (1907-1974) was the son of Bella Wolf and Ellis Waterman. He was a graduate of Portland High School, Harvard College in 1927, and Peabody Law School.
He was active in many community organizations, including the Maine State Society for the Protection of Animals, Mt. Sinai Cemetery, Smith Street Cemetery and the Kora Temple Shrine of Lewiston.
About This Item
- Title: State Motor Co. vehicles, Portland, ca. 1938
- Creation Date: circa 1938
- Subject Date: circa 1938
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 2526
- Collection: Wolf and Waterman family collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Automobile dealerships--Maine--Portland
- Automobile service stations--Maine--Portland
- Jewish businesspeople--Maine--Portland
- Shaarey Tphiloth Synagogue (Portland, Me.)
- Waterman family
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.