Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Arthur Waterman of Portland in front of Maine Motors Co. on Forest Avenue.
Waterman (1907-1974) was an auto dealer in Portland for 46 years and was active in the Jewish Home for the Aged, Jewish Federation and Jewish War Veterans.
He also was involved in the Portland Civil Service Commission and Shaarey Tphiloh Synagogue.
About This Item
- Title: Arthur Waterman, Portland, ca. 1965
- Creation Date: circa 1965
- Subject Date: circa 1965
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 2526
- Collection: Wolf and Waterman family collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Automobile dealerships--Maine--Portland
- Automobile service stations--Maine--Portland
- Jewish businesspeople--Maine--Portland
- Shaarey Tphiloth Synagogue (Portland, Me.)
- Waterman family
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.