Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Harriett and Arthur Waterman of Portland ride in the carriage, followed by two unidentified members of the Abenaki Riding Club.
They are heading south on Congress Street in Portland.
About This Item
- Title: Abenaki Riding Club, Portland, ca. 1935
- Creation Date: circa 1935
- Subject Date: circa 1935
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 2526
- Collection: Wolf and Waterman family collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Carts & wagons--Maine--Portland
- Horsemen and horsewomen--Maine--Portland
- Jewish businesspeople--Maine--Portland
- Monument Square (Portland, Me.)
- Our Lady of Victories (Sculpture)
- Public sculptures--Maine--Portland
- Riding clubs--Maine
- Show driving of horse-drawn vehicles--Maine--Portland
- Soldiers' monuments--Maine--Portland
- Waterman family
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.