Contributed by Blue Hill Public Library
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at George Stevens Academy. Learn more.
Postcard of Blue Hill Academy after it's remodelling in 1909, addressed to Dr. Robert L. Rowley. The building was used as an elementary school until the erection of the Blue Hill Consolidated School in 1938-1939. Blue Hill Academy then became the American Legion Hall.
About This Item
- Title: Blue Hill Academy, Blue HIll, ca. 1909
- Creator: The Albertype Company, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Creation Date: circa 1909
- Subject Date: circa 1909
- Town: Blue Hill
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Local Code: HHPH1742
- Collection: Robert V. Sweetall collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Blue Hill Academy
- Blue Hill-George Stevens Academy
- George Stevens Academy (1891-1943)
- Schools--Maine--Blue Hill
- Buildings--Maine--Blue Hill
- American Legion. Post No. 85 (Blue Hill, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Blue Hill Public Library
5 Parker Point Road, Blue Hill, ME 04614
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.