Contributed by Bangor Public Library
Lumber mill on the Penobscot River in the Bangor area. Logs would have been floated downstream to the holding pool, in the foreground, then logs guided up the ramps to the saws inside the mill itself. Note that there is a man at the base of each ramp to guide the logs onto the conveyor.
About This Item
- Title: Lumber Mill on the Penobscot, Bangor, ca. 1895
- Creator: Whipple, Leyland
- Creation Date: circa 1895
- Subject Date: circa 1895
- Location: Bangor, Penobscot County, ME
- Media: Lantern slide
- Dimensions: 6.3 cm x 7.5 cm
- Local Code: Whipple
- Collection: Whipple Lantern Slide Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Penobscot River (Me.)
- Log driving--Maine--Bangor
- Lumber industry--Maine--Bangor
For more information about this item, contact:Bangor Public Library
145 Harlow Street, Bangor, ME 04401
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.