Contributed by Bangor Public Library
The freight yards of the Maine Central Railroad along the Penobscot are shown here bursting with cargo and bustling with activity. Steamers busily ply the river, and the spire of St. John's church and the covered walkway of the Old Toll Bridge crossing the Penobscot to Brewer can be seen in the background.
About This Item
- Title: M.C.R.R. Freight Yards, Bangor, ca. 1905
- Creator: F. W. K. Reed
- Creation Date: circa 1905
- Subject Date: circa 1905
- Town: Bangor
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Offset Print postcard
- Dimensions: 8.7 cm x 13.5 cm
- Collection: Vickery Postcard Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Penobscot River (Me.)
- Railroad maintenance and repair
- Railroad shops & yards--Maine--Bangor
- Maine Central Railroad Company--Facilities
For more information about this item, contact:Bangor Public Library
145 Harlow Street, Bangor, ME 04401
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.