Contributed by McArthur Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The shop of Charles H. Cleaves, famous to Saco citizens as "The Angel-Carver' due to his occupation as a marble carver of monuments and headstones. This shop stood on the east side of Main Street about opposite Pleasant Street. Left to right: Charles H. Cleaves; an unknown sailor in the naval uniform of the times; Thomas J. Hodet, also a marble cutter; small boy, barefoot, William Moody, a harness maker; and a teenager.
About This Item
- Title: Charles H. Cleaves "The Angel Carver," Saco, ca. 1900
- Creator: J. Vaughn Dennett
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Location: Saco, York County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12.7 cm x 17.5 cm
- Local Code: 0645
- Collection: General Image Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Monument builders--Maine--Saco
- Business enterprises--Maine--Saco
- Tombs & sepulchral monuments--Maine--Saco
For more information about this item, contact:McArthur Public Library
PO Box 346, Biddeford, ME 04005
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.