Contributed by Bangor Historical Society
A view of the Bangor waterfront from a point up river from the covered bridge--today's Penobscot Bridge. The river is full of log rafts being sorted by riverdrivers and the banks are stacked with lumber ready for shipment around the world.
About This Item
- Title: Lumber along waterfront, Bangor, ca. 1860
- Creation Date: circa 1860
- Subject Date: circa 1860
- Location: Bangor, Penobscot County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 11.5 cm x 19 cm
- Local Code: 85.26.09
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Log driving--Maine--Bangor
- Covered bridges--Maine--Bangor
- Piers & wharves--Maine--Bangor
- Lumber industry--Maine--Bangor
- Log rafts--Maine--Bangor
- Penobscot River (Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Bangor Historical Society
159 Union Street, Bangor, ME 04401
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.