Contributed by Bangor Historical Society
A wool and cotton blend blanket used in the Civil War. This blanket was carried in the war by Peter Tibado a private in Company B of the First Maine Heavy Artillery. Some of the holes are from bullets fired by a sniper while Tibado was asleep.
About This Item
- Title: Civil War Army Blanket, ca. 1865
- Creation Date: circa 1865
- Subject Date: circa 1865
- Location: Bangor, Penobscot County, ME
- Media: Wool
- Dimensions: 196 cm x 168 cm
- Local Code: 1980.028.0001
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army--Equipment and supplies
- United States. Army. Maine Mounted Artillery Regiment, 1st (1861-1865. Company B
For more information about this item, contact:Bangor Historical Society
159 Union Street, Bangor, ME 04401
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.