Contributed by Bangor Historical Society
Flour and water cracker issued during the Civil War to Frank H. Oliver of Orono.
About This Item
- Title: Hardtack, ca. 1865
- Creation Date: circa 1865
- Subject Date: circa 1865
- Location: Bangor, Penobscot County, ME
- Media: Flour, water
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 9 cm x 1 cm
- Local Code: 3332
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Military rations--1860-1870
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Operational rations (Military supplies)
For more information about this item, contact:Bangor Historical Society
159 Union Street, Bangor, ME 04401
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.