Contributed by Rockland Historical Society
Anne Sleight Pike watches as her sister, Mary Pike, christens the Mary Anne, built by Newbert and Wallace of Thomaston in 1947 for use as a sardine carrier by Lubec magnate Moses Bernard Pike.
About This Item
- Title: Sardine carrier Mary Anne christened, Thomaston, 1947
- Creator: Cullen, Sidney L.
- Creation Date: 1947
- Subject Date: 1947
- Town: Thomaston
- County: Knox
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19.5 cm x 24.8 cm
- Local Code: Pike 9
- Collection: Anne Pike Rugh/Rockland Courier Gazette collection, Rockland Historical Society
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Rockland Historical Society
P.O. Box 1331, 80 Union Street, Rockland, ME 04841
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Fishing boats--Maine--Thomaston
- Boat & ship industry--Maine--Thomaston
- Mary Anne (Boat)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.