Contributed by Rockland Historical Society
Anne Sleight Pike watches as her sister, Mary Pike, christens the Mary Anne, built by Newbert and Wallace of Thomaston in 1947 for use as a sardine carrier by Lubec magnate Moses Bernard Pike.
About This Item
- Title: Sardine carrier Mary Anne christened, Thomaston, 1947
- Creator: Cullen, Sidney L.
- Creation Date: 1947
- Subject Date: 1947
- Town: Thomaston
- County: Knox
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19.5 cm x 24.8 cm
- Local Code: Pike 9
- Collection: Anne Pike Rugh/Rockland Courier Gazette collection, Rockland Historical Society
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Fishing boats--Maine--Thomaston
- Boat & ship industry--Maine--Thomaston
- Mary Anne (Boat)
For more information about this item, contact:Rockland Historical Society
P.O. Box 1331, 80 Union Street, Rockland, ME 04841
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.