Contributed by Rockland Historical Society
Sardine carrier Mary Anne</em. under construction in Thomaston for use by Moses Pike of Lubec at his sardine firm.
Sardine carriers over 80 feet in length and beams exceeding 16 feet could carry 100 hogsheads of herring. A hogshead is 17½ bushels or 1225 pounds.
About This Item
- Title: Sardine carrier Mary Anne under construction, Thomaston, 1947
- Creator: Cullen, Sidney L.
- Creation Date: 1947
- Subject Date: 1947
- Town: Thomaston
- County: Knox
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19.5 cm x 24.8 cm
- Local Code: Pike 4
- Collection: Anne Pike Rugh/Rockland Courier Gazette collection, Rockland Historical Society
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Rockland Historical Society
P.O. Box 1331, 80 Union Street, Rockland, ME 04841
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.