Contributed by Fifth Maine Regiment Museum
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
George Brown enlisted into Company H of the Fifth Maine Regiment on June 24, 1861. He was promoted to Captain four months later. After he was discharged from the Civil War in October, 1862, he became a professional photographer and opened a studio in Portland. He compiled a photographic album of Fifth Maine veterans, which he dedicated to the memory of Captain Daniel C. Clark.
About This Item
- Title: George E. Brown, Fifth Maine Regiment, ca. 1870
- Creation Date: circa 1870
- Subject Date: circa 1870
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Photograph collections
- Photographic studios--Maine--Portland
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 5th (1861-1864)--Regimental histories
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 5th (1861-1864). Company H
For more information about this item, contact:Fifth Maine Regiment Museum
45 Seashore Avenue, PO Box 41, Peaks Island, ME 04108
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.