Contributed by Fifth Maine Regiment Museum
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
George Brown enlisted into Company H of the Fifth Maine Regiment on June 24, 1861. He was promoted to Captain four months later. After he was discharged from the Civil War in October, 1862, he became a professional photographer and opened a studio in Portland. He compiled a photographic album of Fifth Maine veterans, which he dedicated to the memory of Captain Daniel C. Clark.
About This Item
- Title: George E. Brown, Fifth Maine Regiment, ca. 1870
- Creation Date: circa 1870
- Subject Date: circa 1870
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Collection: Fifth Maine Regiment Museum
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Fifth Maine Regiment Museum
45 Seashore Avenue, PO Box 41, Peaks Island, ME 04108
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Photograph collections
- Photographic studios--Maine--Portland
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 5th (1861-1864)--Regimental histories
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 5th (1861-1864). Company H
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.