Contributed by Fifth Maine Regiment Museum
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Daniel C. Clark enlisted in the Fifth Maine Regiment Company D in December of 1861 as a second lieutenant. By July of 1862 he was Captain of Company K.
He was wounded in action at the Battle of the Wilderness, May 16, 1864, and died shortly thereafter, at the age of 23.
There is a stained-glass window monument to Capt. Clark in the Fifth Maine Regiment Museum on Peaks Island.
About This Item
- Title: Daniel C. Clark, ca. 1863
- Creation Date: circa 1863
- Subject Date: circa 1863
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Fifth Maine Regiment Museum
45 Seashore Avenue, PO Box 41, Peaks Island, ME 04108
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 5th (1861-1864). Company D
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 5th (1861-1864). Company K
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.