Contributed by an individual through Jonathan Fisher Memorial, Inc.
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
Brown & McAllister granite quarry workers on Long Island in Blue Hill. Notice to the right of the gin pole, the oxen. On the back of the photo it is written "G. Carter on white horse." G. Carter was George Carter.
About This Item
- Title: Brown & McAllister Granite Quarry, Blue Hill Bay, ca. 1890
- Creation Date: circa 1890
- Subject Date: circa 1890
- Local Name: Long Island
- Town: Blue Hill
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 13 cm x 13 cm
- Collection: Denny Robertson Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Laborers--Maine--Blue Hill
- Stone-cutters--Maine--Blue Hill
- Granite industry and trade--Maine--Blue Hill
- Stone quarrying--Maine--Blue Hill
- Stone carvers--Maine--Blue Hill
- Granite quarrying--Maine--Blue Hill
- Hoisting machinery--Maine--Blue Hill
- Headframes (Mining)--Maine--Blue Hill
For more information about this item, contact:Jonathan Fisher Memorial, Inc.
44 Miles Road, Blue Hill, ME 04614
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.