Contributed by Blue Hill Public Library
A postcard with a picture of Blue Hill Fair, with the Ellsworth Road and Blue Hill Mountain in the background. On the front, top right is printed, "Bluehill Fair, Bluehill, Maine." On the bottom left is printed, "S.G. Hinkley." The back of the card is divided by a vertical line in the middle. On the left is printed, "Message on this Side" and on the right, "For Address Only." In the area indicated for the stamp is printed, "Postage, Domestic, 1c., Foreign, 2c., The Albertype Co., Brooklyn, N.Y." The women in the photograph do not look to be wearing styles from the 1910s, but more like turn-of-the-century-- ankle-length dresses and skirts.
About This Item
- Title: Postcard of BlueHill Fair, ca. 1910
- Creator: Albertype Co., Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Location: Blue Hill, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 09 cm x 14 cm
- Local Code: Box 019
- Collection: Blue Hill Archives
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Blue Hill Fair (Blue Hill, Me.)
- Exhibit booths--Maine--Blue Hill
- Agricultural exhibits--Maine--Blue Hill
- Fairs--Maine--Blue Hill
- Midways--Maine--Blue Hill
- Amusement rides--Maine--Blue Hill
For more information about this item, contact:Blue Hill Public Library
5 Parker Point Road, Blue Hill, ME 04614
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.