Contributed by Blue Hill Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at Bay School.
A postcard with photograph of the Blue Hill Fair, showing booths and carnival rides, with Blue Hill Mountain in the background. On the front is printed, "The Blue Hill Fair - Labor Day - 1964" On the back is printed, "The Blue Hill Fair, Blue Hill. Maine, Always Labor Day Weekend, A Truly Down to Earth Country Fair with all the Traditions of the Past and the Glamour of the Future." A label is glued to the card at the bottom, which has printed on it, --1965 Dates--, Opening Friday Evening, Sept 3, Running Thru, Sept. 4-5-and Labor Day, 4 Nights--3 Days. Printed vertically up the middle of the card is printed, "Photo Cards--Kaeser & Blair, Cincinnati, Ohio 5-65."
About This Item
- Title: Postcard of the Blue Hill Fair, 1964
- Creator: Kaeser & Blair, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Creation Date: 1965
- Subject Date: 1964-09-07
- Local Name: Blue Hill Fairgrounds
- Town: Blue Hill
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Local Code: HHPH 1748
- Collection: Blue Hill Historical Society Holt House Collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Agricultural exhibits--Maine--Blue Hill
- Amusement rides--Maine--Blue Hill
- Blue Hill Fair (Blue Hill, Me.)
- Exhibit booths--Maine--Blue Hill
- Fairs--Maine--Blue Hill
- Midways--Maine--Blue Hill
For more information about this item, contact:Blue Hill Public Library
5 Parker Point Road, Blue Hill, ME 04614
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.