Contributed by Blue Hill Public Library
A postcard with photograph of the Blue Hill Fair, showing booths and carnival rides, with Blue Hill Mountain in the background. On the front is printed, "The Blue Hill Fair - Labor Day - 1964" On the back is printed, "The Blue Hill Fair, Blue Hill. Maine, Always Labor Day Weekend, A Truly Down to Earth Country Fair with all the Traditions of the Past and the Glamour of the Future." A label is glued to the card at the bottom, which has printed on it, --1965 Dates--, Opening Friday Evening, Sept 3, Running Thru, Sept. 4-5-and Labor Day, 4 Nights--3 Days. Printed vertically up the middle of the card is printed, "Photo Cards--Kaeser & Blair, Cincinnati, Ohio 5-65."
About This Item
- Title: Postcard of the Blue Hill Fair, 1964
- Creator: Kaeser & Blair, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Creation Date: 1965
- Subject Date: 1964-09-07
- Local Name: Blue Hill Fairgrounds
- Town: Blue Hill
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Local Code: HHPH 1748
- Collection: Blue Hill Historical Society Holt House Collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Blue Hill Public Library
PO Box 824, 5 Parker Point Road, Blue Hill, ME 04614
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Agricultural exhibits--Maine--Blue Hill
- Amusement rides--Maine--Blue Hill
- Blue Hill Fair (Blue Hill, Me.)
- Exhibit booths--Maine--Blue Hill
- Fairs--Maine--Blue Hill
- Midways--Maine--Blue Hill
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.