Contributed by Blue Hill Public Library
- Item 33876
- print page
- download web image
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at Bay School. More info about student projects.
Crowds watching a horse race at the Blue Hill Fair. On the front it says, "Follow the Crowd to the Blue Hill Fair," "Blue Hill Fairgrounds, Labor Day, 1937," and "Photo by Kenneth Hinckley." On the left side of the back is printed, "50th Anniversary Blue Hill Fair, Aug. 30-31-Sept. 1-2, Labor Day Week-End, Where Old Friends Meet." The postcard is addressed to Mr. Walter W. Lincoln, Holbrook, Mass. It has a one cent stamp, cancellation, "Blue Hill, Jun 23, 6 PM, 1941, Maine." Along the left side is handwritten, "Greetings. Josie Barker."
About This Item
- Title: Blue Hill Fair, 1937
- Creator: Kenneth Hinckley
- Creation Date: circa 1941
- Subject Date: 1937
- Location: Blue Hill, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 13.5 cm
- Local Code: Box 019
- Collection: Blue Hill Public Library Archives
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Racetracks (Horse racing)--Maine--Blue Hill
- Horse racing--Maine--Blue Hill
- Blue Hill Fair (Blue Hill, Me.)
- Agricultural exhibitions--Maine--Blue Hill
- Crowds--Maine--Blue Hill
- Harness racing--Maine--Blue Hill
- Fairs--Maine--Blue Hill
For more information about this item, contact:Blue Hill Public Library
5 Parker Point Road, Blue Hill, ME 04614
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.