Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
Activity prevails along Water Street for the Independence Day events in 1911 which also observed Lubec’s 100th birthday. Note paved sidewalk on the left, while a board sidewalk remains in front of the W. B. Dodge mercantile store at the extreme right. The Mabee Apothcary sign is in the distance on the left side of Water Street. A lone automobile is seen on the unsurfaced street, a different vehicle from that shown lined up at School and Main Streets for the Grand Parade. This photographic postcard was cancelled on December 2, 1911.
About This Item
- Title: Water Street during Centennial, Lubec, 1911
- Creator: Jassaman, A. B.
- Creation Date: 1911
- Subject Date: 1911-07-04
- Town: Lubec
- County: Washington
- State: ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 8.9 cm x 13.8 cm
- Local Code: Centennial 24 jpg
- Collection: Leona MacBride
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Stores & shops--Maine--Lubec
- Water Street (Lubec, Me.)
- City & town life--Maine--Lubec
- Fourth of July celebrations--Maine--Lubec
- Lubec (Me.)--Centennial celebrations, etc.
- Centennial celebrations--Maine--Lubec
For more information about this item, contact:Lubec Historical Society
135 Main Street, Lubec, ME 04652
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.