Contributed by McArthur Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A letter written to George Thacher by his nephew, Silas Lee, discussing governmental and household matters. Thacher was a lawyer, a member of the Continental Congress and was elected to the first U.S. Congress in 1789 to represent the Maine district of Massachusetts.
About This Item
- Title: Letter to George Thacher, 1789
- Creator: Silas Lee
- Creation Date: 1789-03-07
- Subject Date: 1789
- Location: Biddeford, York County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 23.5 cm x 36.5 cm
- Local Code: Thacher Album
- Collection: Archival Collections
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Lee, Silas, 1760-1814--Correspondence
- Thacher, George, 1754-1824--Correspondence
- Legislators--United States
- United States. Continental Congress
For more information about this item, contact:McArthur Public Library
PO Box 346, Biddeford, ME 04005
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.