Contributed by Blue Hill Public Library
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at George Stevens Academy. Learn more.
A postcard of musician Franz Kneisel's cottage in Blue Hill ia addressed to N. Stumphrey Almy at Dr. Peck's Sanatorium in Noodmont, Connecticut.
Written on the back is, ""Blue Hill ME. July 13, 1916. I really have been very busy ever since I came, & yesterday afternoon & evening it was too hot to hold a pen, but I do expect to get in a good chat with you soon. This does not show how large the grounds around the -K- cottage are, nor does it give an idea of the size of the cottage."
About This Item
- Title: Kneisel Cottage, Blue Hill, ca. 1916
- Creator: Eastern Illustrating Company, Belfast
- Creation Date: circa 1916
- Subject Date: circa 1916
- Local Name: Kneisel Cottage
- Town: Blue Hill
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Postcard
- Local Code: HHPH 1997
- Collection: Robert V. Sweetall Collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Blue Hill Public Library
PO Box 824, 5 Parker Point Road, Blue Hill, ME 04614
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Kneisel, Franz, 1865-1926--Homes and haunts--Maine--Blue Hill
- Music halls--Maine--Blue Hill
- Violinists--Maine--Blue Hill
- Musicians--Maine--Blue Hill
- Vacation houses--Maine--Blue Hill
- Music education--Maine--Blue Hill
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.