Contributed by Blue Hill Public Library
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at George Stevens Academy. Learn more.
Franz Kneisel, Austrian chamber musician and violinist who made his home in Blue Hill during the summer season. On the back it says "Presented to the Library by Josie Barker Blue Hill, Nov-1st 1940. Portrait of Franz Kneisal."
"To John Snow From his friend Franz Kneisel Bluehill Oct 4, 1913."
The latter part of this writing used to be on the front but was too faded to read and rewritten on the back.
About This Item
- Title: Franz Kneisel, Blue Hill, 1913
- Creation Date: circa 1913
- Subject Date: circa 1913
- Town: Blue Hill
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 25 cm x 20 cm
- Local Code: Museum Collection 1229
- Collection: Blue Hill Public Library Museum Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Musicians--Maine--Blue Hill
- Kneisel, Franz, 1865-1926--Portrait photographs
- Violinists--Maine--Blue Hill
For more information about this item, contact:Blue Hill Public Library
5 Parker Point Road, Blue Hill, ME 04614
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.