Contributed by North Yarmouth Historical Society
This tin cup, when collapsed, fits neatly inside itself. It then fit inside a tin bottom and was topped with a tin cap. It was used by Capt. Luther Lawrence while serving during the Civil War. Since soldiers were living in the field and had to travel light, the portability of personal items was important.
About This Item
- Title: Civil War collapsible cup, ca. 1862
- Creation Date: circa 1862
- Subject Date: circa 1862
- Location: North Yarmouth, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Tin
- Dimensions: 8.5 cm x 6.5 cm x 6.5 cm
- Local Code: Collection 64
- Collection: Luther Lawrence Items, Collection 64
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Camping--Equipment & supplies
- Equipment & supplies
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
For more information about this item, contact:North Yarmouth Historical Society
10 Village Square Road , North Yarmouth, ME 04097
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.