Contributed by North Yarmouth Historical Society
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at Greely Middle School. Learn more.
Luther Lawrence tells about "Ship Fever" while on board ship prior to landing on St. Helena Island in South Carolina.
About This Item
- Title: Luther Lawrence letter about ship fever, Feb. 15, 1863
- Creator: Lawrence, Luther
- Creation Date: 1863-02-15
- Subject Date: 1863-02-15
- Local Name: Hilton Head area
- Town: St. Helena Island
- County: Beaufort
- State: SC
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 25 cm x 19.5 cm
- Local Code: Collection 3, Box 1
- Collection: Lawrence and Marston Family Collection
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Lawrence, Luther--Correspondence
- Typhus fever--South Carolina
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Regiments, 11th Maine--Personal narratives
For more information about this item, contact:North Yarmouth Historical Society
10 Village Square Road , North Yarmouth, ME 04097
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.