Contributed by North Yarmouth Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at Greely Middle School.
This thick leather belt belonged to Luther Lawrence of the 11th Maine Volunteer Regiment and was probably worn by him at the time he was mortally wounded on August 16, 1864.
About This Item
- Title: Belt worn by Luther Lawrence during the Civil War, ca. 1862
- Creation Date: circa 1862
- Subject Date: circa 1862
- Town: North Yarmouth
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Leather, bronze
- Dimensions: 94 cm x 5.1 cm x .6 cm
- Local Code: Collection 64
- Collection: Collection 64
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Lawrence, Luther--Associated objects
- Belts (Clothing)
- Clothing & dress
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army--Uniforms
For more information about this item, contact:North Yarmouth Historical Society
10 Village Square Road , North Yarmouth, ME 04097
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.