Contributed by Bangor Historical Society
F.B.I. Director J. Edgar Hoover wrote to Everett S. "Shep" Hurd on October 29, 1937, regarding Hurd's inquiry about a reward for having notified law enforcement authorities about the presence of the Brady Gang.
The tip resulted in the apprehension of the Brady Gang on Central Street in Bangor on October 12, 1937 at about 8:30 a.m. In a subsequent letter Mr. Hoover notified Mr. Hurd that he would receive the reward.
About This Item
- Title: J. Edgar Hoover to Shep Hurd, Bangor, October 29, 1937
- Creator: Federal Bureau Of Investigation
- Creation Date: 1937-10-29
- Subject Date: 1937-10-29
- Town: Bangor, Washington
- County: Penobscot
- State: DC, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 26.5 cm x 20.5 cm
- Local Code: 2009.004.0030
- Collection: Brady Gang Collection
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Hurd, Everett S., 1895-1976--Correspondence
- Brady, Alfred, 1910-1937
- Police shootings--Maine--Bangor
- United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Organized crime--Maine--Bangor
- Central Street (Bangor, Me.)
- Hurd, Everett S., 1895-1976--Awards
- Hoover, J. Edgar (John Edgar), 1895-1972--Correspondence
For more information about this item, contact:Bangor Historical Society
159 Union Street, Bangor, ME 04401
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.