Contributed by Guilford Historical Society
The Guilford Sons of the American Legion Drum and Bugle Corp was formed in 1935 by Connor Post 119, American Legion.
The band won the Maine State Championship in 1940 at the yearly convention.
The band also marched in the parade at the National Convention in Boston in 1940.
About This Item
- Title: Guilford Sons of American Legion Drum, 1940
- Creation Date: 1940
- Subject Date: 1940
- Location: Guilford, Piscataquis County, ME
- Media: Steel, skin
- Local Code: 2000.5
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Marching bands--Maine--Guilford
- American Legion. Connor Post No. 119 (Guilford, Me.)
- Drum and bugle corps--Maine--Guilford
- Connor Powst 119, American Legion
- Drum and Bugle Corp
- Guilford Sons of American Legion Drum and Bugle Corp
- Maine State American Legion Convention
For more information about this item, contact:Guilford Historical Society
PO Box 893, Guilford, ME 04443
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.