Contributed by McArthur Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A schooner and tug as seen from Quarry Wharf on the Biddeford side of the Saco River, around 1910. Biddeford had many successful granite quarries. The granite was used in monuments and buildings all over the United States.
About This Item
- Title: Schooner and tug at Quarry Wharf, Saco River, ca. 1910
- Creator: Gay, Robert H.
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Town: Biddeford, Saco
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 20.2 cm x 25.2 cm
- Local Code: 1830
- Collection: Robert H. Gay Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Granite quarrying--Maine--Biddeford
- Saco River (N.H. and Me.)
- Piers & wharves--Maine--Biddeford
For more information about this item, contact:McArthur Public Library
PO Box 346, Biddeford, ME 04005
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.