Contributed by McArthur Public Library
A copy of the remarks and toast made by General Lafayette when he dined at Kennebunk during his visit to the area in 1825, written down by James Remick of Kennebunk who attended the event. During this visit Lafayette stopped twice in Biddeford to visit with his war comrades, including Captain Seth Spring. He dined at the Captain's home on Spring's Island and attended church in Biddeford as well.
About This Item
- Title: General Lafayette's toast given at Kennebunk, 1825
- Creator: James Remick
- Creation Date: 1825
- Subject Date: 1825
- Location: Kennebunk, York County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 24.5 cm x 20 cm
- Local Code: MS003 Remick Papers
- Collection: Archival Collections
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- After-dinner speeches
- Lafayette, Marie Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert Du Motier, marquis de, 1757-1834
- Speeches, addresses, etc.
- Spring, Seth, b. 1754
- United States--History--Revolution, 1775-1781--Veterans
For more information about this item, contact:McArthur Public Library
PO Box 346, Biddeford, ME 04005
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.