Contributed by Bangor Public Library
Originally a covered railroad bridge, the Bangor Bridge was eventually rebuilt in metal with Warren trusses. Seen here from the Brewer side of the river, the Old Toll Bridge is on its left. The Bangor Bridge is still in use as a railroad bridge today.
About This Item
- Title: Bangor Bridge, ca. 1905
- Creator: Hugh Leighton Co.
- Creation Date: circa 1905
- Subject Date: circa 1905
- Town: Bangor
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Offset Print, postcard
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 13.9 cm
- Collection: Vickery Postcard Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Toll bridges--Maine--Bangor
- Covered bridges--Maine--Bangor
- Railroad bridges--Maine--Bangor
- Penobscot River (Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Bangor Public Library
145 Harlow Street, Bangor, ME 04401
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.