Contributed by Penobscot Marine Museum
Visible in this view of Main Street in Ashland is the F. G. Webster Co. hardware store. The company also sold paints, oil, stoves and, as the image shows, gasoline.
The first building to the left is houses the Western Union Telegraph and Cable office and also advertises a telephone.
About This Item
- Title: Main Street, Ashland, ca. 1910
- Creator: Eastern Illustrating & Publishing
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Location: Ashland, Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Collection: Eastern Illustrating & Publishing Co.
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Western Union Telegraph Company
- Telephone lines--Maine--Ashland
- Utility poles--Maine--Ashland
- Dirt roads--Maine--Ashland
- Eastern Illustrating & Publishing Company
- Stores & shops--Maine--Ashland
- Main Street (Ashland, Me.)
- Telegraph offices--Maine--Ashland
- Telephone industry--Maine--Ashland
- Telephone companies--Maine--Ashland
For more information about this item, contact:Penobscot Marine Museum
PO Box 498, 5 Church Street, Searsport, ME 04974
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.