Contributed by Penobscot Marine Museum
A postcard photographer captured a team of horses and father and son digging potatoes at Van Buren. Note the potato barrels.
Van Buren is on the St. John River, across from St. Leonard, New Brunswick. Route 1 runs through the town.
About This Item
- Title: Potato digging, Van Buren, ca. 1915
- Creator: Eastern Illustrating & Publishing
- Creation Date: circa 1915
- Subject Date: circa 1915
- Town: Van Buren
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Collection: Eastern Illustrating & Publishing Co.
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Agricultural machinery & implements--Van Buren
- Harvesting machinery--Van Buren
- Farms--Maine--Van Buren
- Potato growers--Maine--Van Buren
- Eastern Illustrating & Publishing Company
- Farms & farming--Maine--Van Buren
- Barrels--Maine--Van Buren
For more information about this item, contact:Penobscot Marine Museum
PO Box 498, 5 Church Street, Searsport, ME 04974
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.