Contributed by Penobscot Marine Museum
Wytopitlock on the Mattawamkeag River is the principal settlement in Reed Plantation.
The Post Office is at the center and to its right a barbershop and poolroom. The barber and a client came out of the building when the photographer from Eastern Illustrating & Publishing, a postcard company, arrived.
About This Item
- Title: Post Office, Wytopitlock, ca. 1910
- Creator: Eastern Illustrating & Publishing
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Local Name: Wytopitlock
- Town: Reed Plantation
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Collection: Eastern Illustrating & Publishing Co.
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Penobscot Marine Museum
PO Box 498, 5 Church Street, Searsport, ME 04974
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Eastern Illustrating & Publishing Company
- Stores & shops--Maine--Wytopitlock
- Main Street (Wytopitlock, Me.)
- Dirt roads--Maine--Wytopitlock
- Carriages & coaches--Maine--Wytopitlock
- Utility poles--Maine--Wytopitlock
- Wooden sidewalks--Maine--Wytopitlock
- Telephone lines--Maine--Wytopitlock
- Billiard parlors--Maine--Wytopitlock
- Mattawamkeag River (Me.)
- Post offices--Maine--Wytopitlock
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.