Contributed by Penobscot Marine Museum
Irving E. Seavey's general store is at left on Main Street in Sherman Mills.
The town had a grist mill and a lumber mill and three general stores. Note the gas pumps along the roadside in front of stores.
About This Item
- Title: Main Street, Sherman Mills, ca. 1915
- Creator: Eastern Illustrating & Publishing
- Creation Date: circa 1915
- Subject Date: circa 1915
- Town: Sherman Mills
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Collection: Eastern Illustrating & Publishing Co.
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Eastern Illustrating & Publishing Company
- Stores & shops--Maine--Sherman Mills
- Dwellings--Maine--Sherman Mills
- Streets--Maine--Sherman Mills
- Main Street (Sherman Mills, Me.)
- General stores--Maine--Sherman Mills
- Dirt roads--Maine--Sherman Mills
- Telephone lines--1910-1920
- Utility poles--1910-1920
- Gasoline pumps--Maine--Sherman Mills
For more information about this item, contact:Penobscot Marine Museum
PO Box 498, 5 Church Street, Searsport, ME 04974
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.