Contributed by Penobscot Marine Museum
H. E. Coffin's store on Main Street in Portage Lake in about 1915. The community, incorporated in 1909, had a population of about 500 in 1910.
Portage is on Route 11 slightly northwest of Ashland.
About This Item
- Title: Main Street, Portage Lake, ca. 1915
- Creator: Eastern Illustrating & Publishing
- Creation Date: circa 1915
- Subject Date: circa 1915
- Town: Portage Lake
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Collection: Eastern Illustrating & Publishing Co.
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dirt roads--Maine--Portage Lake
- Post offices--Maine--Portage Lake
- Main Street (Portage Lake, Me.)
- Eastern Illustrating & Publishing Company
- Stores & shops--Maine--Portage Lake
- Streets--Maine--Portage Lake
- Dwellings--Maine--Portage Lake
- General stores--Maine--Portage
- Telephone wires--Portage Lake
- Utility poles--Portage Lake
For more information about this item, contact:Penobscot Marine Museum
PO Box 498, 5 Church Street, Searsport, ME 04974
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.