Contributed by Bangor Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at William S. Cohen School.
This is a Western Union telegram to Everett S. "Shep" Hurd from Hack Haney at Movietone News offering to pay for Hurd's video footage.
Hurd filmed the shootout between federal law enforcement officers and the Brady Gang on Central Street in Bnagor on October 12, 1937.
About This Item
- Title: Telegram offering to pay for Brady Gang film, Bangor, 1937
- Creation Date: 1937-10-12
- Subject Date: 1937-10-12
- Town: Bangor
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 16.5 cm x 20.5 cm
- Local Code: 2009.004.0033.C
- Collection: Brady Gang Collection
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Brady, Alfred, 1910-1937
- Central Street (Bangor, Me.)
- Organized crime--Maine--Bangor
- Police shootings--Maine--Bangor
- United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Hurd, Everett S., 1895-1976--Awards
- Hurd, Everett S., 1895-1976--Correspondence
- Al Brady
- Brady Gang
- Dakin Sporting Goods
- Dakin Store
- Everett S. "Shep" Hurd
- Motion Pictures
- Offer To Purchase
- Shep Hurd
- Western Union
- Western Union Telegram
For more information about this item, contact:Bangor Historical Society
159 Union Street, Bangor, ME 04401
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.