Contributed by Bangor Historical Society
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at William S. Cohen School. More info about student projects.
On November 24, 1937, F.B.I. Director J. Edgar Hoover notified Everett S. "Shep" Hurd that he would be awarded $1,500 for reporting the Brady Gang's presence in Bangor.
Hurd's assistance helped capture the Brady Gang on October 12, 1937 on Central Street. This was the second of two letters that J. Edgar Hoover sent to Hurd regarding this matter.
About This Item
- Title: J. Edgar Hoover to Shep Hurd, Bangor, 1937
- Creator: J. Edgar Hoover
- Creation Date: 1937-11-24
- Subject Date: 1937-11-24
- Bangor, Penobscot County, ME
- Washington, DC
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 26.5 cm x 20.5 cm
- Local Code: 2009.004.0034
- Collection: Brady Gang Collection
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Hurd, Everett S., 1895-1976--Awards
- United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Police shootings--Maine--Bangor
- Organized crime--Maine--Bangor
- Central Street (Bangor, Me.)
- Brady, Alfred, 1910-1937
- Hurd, Everett S., 1895-1976--Correspondence
- Hoover, J. Edgar (John Edgar), 1895-1972--Correspondence
- Al Brady
- Brady Gang
- Dakin Sporting Goods Co.
- Dakin Store
- Dakin's Sporting Goods
- Dakin's Store
- Everett S. "Shep" Hurd
- Reward Letter
- Shep Hurd
For more information about this item, contact:Bangor Historical Society
159 Union Street, Bangor, ME 04401
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.