Contributed by Bangor Historical Society
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at William S. Cohen School. More info about student projects.
The Hanover High School baseball team of ten young men in baseball uniforms with two other men posed with baseball bats and two trophies. The back of the photo reads "Hanover High School, Hanover, Mass. South Shore Champions 1930. Equipped through Dakin Sporting Goods Co. Bangor and Waterville, Maine." Dakin's was owned by Shep Hurd, who helped capture the Brady Gang. This photo indicates how far-reaching Shep's business was.
About This Item
- Title: Dakin's Sporting Goods uniforms out of Bangor, 1930
- Creation Date: 1930
- Subject Date: 1930
- Bangor, Penobscot County, ME
- Hanover, Plymouth County, MA
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 18 cm x 26 cm
- Local Code: 2009.004.0023
- Collection: Brady Gang Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Baseball players--Massachusetts--Hanover
- Baseball teams--Massachusetts--Hanover
- Sporting goods stores--Maine--Bangor
- Dakin's Sporting Goods Company
- Dakin's store
- Everett Hurd
- Everett S. "Shep" Hurd
- Everett S. Hurd
- Shep Hurd
For more information about this item, contact:Bangor Historical Society
159 Union Street, Bangor, ME 04401
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.