Contributed by Bangor Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at William S. Cohen School.
The commercial block home of Dakin Sporting Goods and other businesses in Bangor, ca. 1935. The owner of Dakin's Cars line the street going in two directions. The large light colored building visible just left of center is the Graham Block on the corner of Central and Harlow Streets. A corner of the Kirstein Block is visible on the far left.
About This Item
- Title: Central Street, Bangor, ca. 1935
- Creator: Tax Assessor, City of Bangor
- Creation Date: circa 1935
- Subject Date: circa 1935
- Local Name: Downtown
- Town: Bangor
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 6.5 cm x 8.5 cm
- Local Code: 1985.023.41-69
- Collection: Assessors Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Sporting goods stores--Maine--Bangor
- Stores & shops--Maine--Bangor
- Central Street (Bangor, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Bangor Historical Society
159 Union Street, Bangor, ME 04401
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.