Contributed by Bangor Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at William S. Cohen School.
The buildings shown are at 20 and 22 Central Street in Bangor.
Economy's was also known as the Bangor Fruit Company. It was established by, James Economy, an Albanian immigrant. Economy's sold fruits and vegetables as well as beer and ale.
A shop offering hair dyeing is visible on the second floor of the building on the right along with the Mecca Spa on the first floor.
About This Item
- Title: Central Street, Economy's Market, Bangor, ca. 1935
- Creator: Tax Assessor, City of Bangor
- Creation Date: circa 1935
- Subject Date: circa 1935
- Local Name: Downtown
- Town: Bangor
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 7.5 cm x 4.5 cm
- Local Code: 1985.023.41-62
- Collection: Assessors Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Greek Americans--Maine--Bangor
- Central Street (Bangor, Me.)
- Stores & shops--Maine--Bangor
For more information about this item, contact:Bangor Historical Society
159 Union Street, Bangor, ME 04401
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.