Contributed by Bangor Historical Society
Five bay teracotta front business block in downtown Bangor numbered 30 and 32 in 1960. It houses Time Financial Loans, Stevens Studio, and Central Street Shine Shop. One storefront is for rent. Parked cars and traffic fill the street which is one way, moving from right to left in the photograph. Parking meters are visible along the street.
About This Item
- Title: Central Street Building, Bangor, ca. 1960
- Creator: Tax Assessor, City of Bangor
- Creation Date: circa 1960
- Subject Date: circa 1960
- Local Name: Downtown
- Town: Bangor
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 6.75 cm x 9.5 cm
- Local Code: 1985.023.41-66
- Collection: Assessors Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Central Street (Bangor, Me.)
- Stores & shops--Maine--Bangor
For more information about this item, contact:Bangor Historical Society
159 Union Street, Bangor, ME 04401
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.