Contributed by Bangor Public Library
This hand-colored slide shows where the Bangor Fire jumped the Kenduskeag Stream, born along by a strong breeze. The Stetson Building was one of the first to catch fire. The Stetson building was located at 180-182 Exchange street.
About This Item
- Title: Downtown and Kenduskeag Stream during fire, Bangor, 1911
- Creator: Leyland Whipple
- Creation Date: 1911-04-30
- Subject Date: 1911-04-30
- Location: Bangor, Penobscot County, ME
- Media: Lantern slide
- Dimensions: 6.5 cm x 7.5 cm
- Local Code: Whipple #19
- Collection: Whipple Lantern Slide Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Kenduskeag Stream (Bangor, Me.)
- Bangor (Me.)--Fire, 1911
For more information about this item, contact:Bangor Public Library
145 Harlow Street, Bangor, ME 04401
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.