Contributed by Biddeford Historical Society
A placecard for Mrs. Ruby Gove of Biddeford for the forty-fifth anniversary celebration for the Thursday Club, January 4, 1939. It was celebrated 45 years to the day of the clubs founding. The placecard is hand-drawn and colored, and depicts and old fashioned kitchen hand in stockings, skirts and a plumed hat carrying a serving dish piled with food. Across the top, the hand-lettering reads "45th Anniversary". Ruby Gove spoke about the third decade of the club at the celebration, and was an eighth grade teacher and principal at the Biddeford Junior High School.
About This Item
- Title: Thursday Club anniversary place card, Biddeford, January 4, 1939
- Creator: Thursday Club
- Creation Date: 1939-01-04
- Subject Date: 1939-01-04
- Location: Biddeford, York County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 11.5 cm
- Local Code: Thursday Club Scrapbook
- Collection: Thursday Club Collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Women--Societies and clubs--Maine--Biddeford
- Thursday Club (Biddeford, Me.)--Commemoration
For more information about this item, contact:Biddeford Historical Society
P.O. Box 200, Biddeford, ME 04005
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.