Contributed by McArthur Public Library
A panoramic, or "Balloon", view of Saco Bay from Fletcher's Neck at Biddeford Pool to Prout's Neck at Scarborough, around 1880. This is a very good view of Biddeford Pool village and islands, and the area known as the Lower Ferry, and all the shore residences along Saco Bay.
About This Item
- Title: Balloon view of Saco Bay, including Biddeford Pool, ca. 1880
- Creator: C. H. Woodman & Company, 18 Arch Street, Boston
- Creation Date: circa 1880
- Subject Date: circa 1880
- Local Name: Biddeford Pool, Camp Ellis
- Town: Biddeford, Old Orchard Beach, Saco, Scarborough
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 30 cm x 61 cm
- Local Code: mcapad.0002
- Collection: Archival Collections
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:McArthur Public Library
PO Box 346, Biddeford, ME 04005
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.